Thursday, January 30, 2014

A little trip to town... the big one.

Shortly after I got back from Christmas break, about two weeks later to be exact, I was packing again and off to Anchorage. Thursday after work LeEsia, Deb and I were off to town! We were heading into town for the RTI conference. For those of you wondering what RTI means, it's response to intervention. What we can do to help the kids that are struggling and how we can work on getting them caught up, basically. After getting into town around 11 pm and hitting up McDonald's. It was off to bed because we had an early morning ahead of us. A full day on Friday with some other staff and administrators from the district at the conference learning all about RTI, programs and strategies. I learned an awful lot! Friday night was spent shopping for groceries, packing totes and sending them off at the post office followed by a late night Mexican dinner. As many times as I've packed totes and sent them off, it is still just as exhausting. Good news is that we've already received our totes.... they only took about 4-5 days to get here! That's got to be a record. Friday night around 11, myself, LeEsia and Bri went and picked Macy up! She FINALLY made it into town and it was so awesome that I was able to be in Anchorage to get her. When I say I missed my puppy, that was an understatement. I didn't realize just how much until I saw her. Saturday was another full day at the conference... I had the opportunity to spend all three of my weekend sessions with Anita Archer who has been teaching/working in education for 47 (if I remember correctly) years. She is AMAZING and makes me want to do so much more. I learned a whole ton of activities and strategies to implement with my kids. After the conference Saturday we went for pedicures and dinner at Lone Star - a nice steak - yum! Each day for lunch we went to the mall, so I was able to enjoy some yummy chinese. Sunday was a shorter day at the conference. Another two sessions spend with Anita Archer and chinese lunch at the mall. After getting out at 3, we went to the mall to do some shopping and get hair done! After that it was off to dinner and a stop at the Wildberry Chocolate Company...... mmmm ;) Sunday night was an earlier night, filled with packing and sleep to get ready for a 5:30 am wake up call to get to the airport. After a few hours of traveling, Macy and I were back home together in over a month! Although it was a non-stop go weekend, it was full of learning and information along with laughs and good talks with awesome people! 

 Getting pampered in the big city!
 I'm a sucker for anything moose-like. Even this life-size stuffed moose. ;)
 We're back together!
 We sure did wear our paper flip-flops outside on the ice AND into dinner. No shame!
 Open to getting this for Valentine's day.... just incase anyone wondered. ;)
 Pretty toes.
Deb, LeEsia and I enjoying those pedicures after a long two days of the conference.

I really enjoyed this trip and it was just what I needed at this point. However, going non-stop without a weekend, flying back in on Monday morning and coming right to school to start teaching again has completely exhausted me. I'm ready for a MUCH needed few days off. I will be at school all weekend keeping score for the girls' basketball games but at least I will not have to set an alarm and then spend Sunday with friends watching the big game. Come on weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment