Saturday, April 26, 2014

Almost that time again.

14 days of school left and a month until I'm home? Where in the world is the time going? Before I know it, it'll be that time again that I dread and that never gets easier. The having to say "good bye".  The time is flying by and the countdown is getting shorter and shorter but my to do list keeps growing longer and longer. Between school and home, I've got a lot to be doing and this is the last free weekend I have for the rest of the year. I'm proud to say that so far, it's been productive like I'd hoped. Last night was the last "little kid" basketball tournament. Like the other basketball games, I kept the score book for all of their games as well. They are comical, that's for sure. It's grades 3-6 and there are some definite future stars in the group! We were at the school pretty late for that and then after a long, long week, I was ready for bed! Today consisted of cleaning, laundry, packing more totes, taking down my curtains and stuff on the walls, cooking meals for lunches for the week and making fried bread. I made one of my favorite meals, sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. It is so yummy, takes a long time to make but worth the wait and the time. AND I am obsessed with fried bread so it'll be some nice breakfast for the week. 

My travel plans are coming together. A few more flights to book and then I'll be all set. I've got 2 1/2 of my flights from here to Port Heiden booked and then 1/2 my flights from Port Heiden to Anchorage booked and then ALL of my flights from Anchorage home booked.... so much goes into scheduling travel around here, especially with a dog because now I have to figure out where to get a health certificate for Macy before she can fly from Anchorage to PA. It's exhausting, but I'm getting there! 

Next weekend we have a Volleyball tournament on Friday, yard sale that most of the teachers are putting together on Saturday and then a baby shower on Sunday for one of the teachers' wives. The weekend after that calls for Graduation on Friday night and Prom on Saturday night - both of which I'll be helping with and decorating for. The mayor is coming down for Graduation so there is a lot to get accomplished before that weekend. Not to mention the testing we have going on right now, all the other placement tests that need to be done by the end of this year, for next year and all the projects and grades that need done. Phew.... what a crazy few weeks this will be. After Prom & Graduation, there's just one more weekend left and I'm not quite positive but I think there's something going on that weekend as well, if not, it'll be spent last minute packing and getting things done as well as enjoying this amazing place I've called home for the last school year with the people that have become my far away family. Boy, I can't even explain how thankful I am for some of these people and some of my coworkers who have gotten me through some pretty tough times this year and that have also been here to make this year so much fun! I hope that I've made some forever friends that I will always keep in touch with and can always visit and vice versa. 

Their have been visitors in and out of the school and so I've gotten to talk to people from around the state. The road crew is also back in town so there's a lot more commotion around, more trucks driving around and a lot more construction equipment. They were here when we first got here for the school year. They're working on the road between the school and town and they spent a lot of time on it but now they're back for this summer to finish up. Some of them live in the vacant apartment up here in teacher housing so like I said, there's a lot more going on and more people around. 

The temperatures have been pretty warm! 40s I believe. On Easter, I didn't even need a coat - a sweatshirt was perfect and the sun gave off some great heat. As the end of the year approaches, it's always harder to get out of the bed in the morning and I really cherish those mornings that I get to sleep in but the sun has been helping. It's usually light now when I roll out of bed. Alarm goes off at 6:15 and it's just starting to rise but until I actually stop hitting the snooze and drag my butt out of bed to let Macy out, it's about 6:45 and it's light - makes it just a tad easier to get up. ;) Along with the light in the morning, it's staying light out until almost 11 pm now. I know that some people don't enjoy that because they can't sleep with the light but I love this time of year. I love going to bed when it's light out and waking up when it's light. Funny, considering how much I love the stars and how obsessed with them I am, you'd think I'd miss the dark but for these few months, I don't. I'm one of the few that don't put garbage bags or tin foil on their windows or use dark curtains to keep the light out at night, I really enjoy it. A downfall is that I lose complete track of time and before I know it, it's 10 pm. Luckily, I love my sleep and am pretty good at being in bed by 9 when I'm at my apartment, but if we're getting things done at school or out on a walk, we're all up a little later than we'd like to be - including the kids, trust me, I can tell. 

 "I found an Easter egg!"
 The boys are too cool for us. 
 Macy hanging out with Ryan and watching the Easter egg hunt. 
 Susana helping her little sister, Chloe look for eggs! 
 Two pretty blue eyed girls! 
 Tiny little Moose.
 Run, Moose, run! 
My kids and I. A lot of times we'll all sit on the floor and read together. Right now we're reading a book about a 12 year old boy who falls in love with three girls in his class... very funny book and a nice relaxing time for us all to read together. My mentor, Liz, took this for us on her last visit to KMO. 

I'll be back on the East coast before I know it. A few more weeks here in KMO, a week back in Port Heiden to visit the first place in Alaska that I called home and then a long weekend spent in Anchorage with a good friend and her daughter.... then Macy and I are homebound. I can not wait and am entirely too long overdue for bonfires and those perfect cool summer evenings! Not to mention being out on the river - my dad's getting that boat ready for me, I know it ;) and being home to enjoy my family!! I miss them a whole awful lot and can't wait to see them all. I'm still searching for a job back on the East coast and am praying that something will come up here soon.... Alaska hires a while before some of the lower 48 does so I know I need to trust God's plan for me and be patient. :)


I've been battling a cold and a sore throat so it's off to bed for me, soon. Hoping for another productive day tomorrow. Good night, all <3



No comments:

Post a Comment