Thursday, March 21, 2013

Some random thoughts are always good...

Besides the excitement of every day life here in bush Alaska, I haven't had any outings or adventures since I've posted last. I've done some Just Dance with Kasie and Alecia, walked to and from old Meshik a time or two and spent some time with friends. : ) School is still going well and as if I wasn't already, I've really grown more and more attached to the kids. They're some pretty great kids!

We have a few birthdays to celebrate this weekend... Jerik's is today and Jeff's is Tuesday! That calls for a celebration with dessert tomorrow night here at my place! Then a movie night so I can finally watch the last Twilight!! I always like those get togethers.

Tonight I went with Alecia and Paulene to one of the kid's birthday parties and had some cake and ice cream with everyone. Since then, my night has consisted of cleaning and cooking... Buffalo chicken dip is on the menu : )

We've been really lucky with the weather lately. Sunny and fairly warm has been the norm so as I posted before, the sunsets have been gorgeous. As well as the sunrises at about 9-9:15ish! It's been staying light out until a little after nine at night, I love it! I've even gone to bed a few nights this week while the sun was still out! Early, I know - but I love my sleep!

Before I forget, you should go read Kasie's Alaska Adventures because she updated it and her blogs are always good AND I'm in this past one!

I thought I'd share some random pictures I've had on my iPad. One is of me and Mr. Tate, another is one of many sunset pictures I've accumulated and another one has the school playground in it but behind it is the sunrise over Aniakchak volcano! Theres one in there of my granny's apple dumplings that I attempted to make for the first time. They were pretty good! Not as good as yours though, Granny ; ) Plus a few others... Here you go : )











No comments:

Post a Comment