Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

My first Easter spent away from home. I do have to say, I'm missing home and my family today! It's not quite a holiday without them. At least I get to spend it with a good friend : )

Kasie and I had dinner with Glenda here in King Salmon last night when our flight came in and then spent the night here. Today we fly out at some point to head back to Port Heiden!

It's been a crazy weekend, to say the least. After I left here on Friday to head to Anchorage, Kasie and the new student teachers that she was in town with, picked me up and we had a late dinner and got to visit. Yesterday morning I got things taken care of that I needed to and was able to enjoy town a little but with Kasie after we dropped the girls off at the airport! We had McDonalds and of course large fountain sodas... So good! And did some shopping, tote packing and mailing! We made a trip or two to some bead stores to get new beads for beading the glass floats. DANGEROUS. But those beads are all so pretty. So now we have a large amount to choose from. ; ) Then it was time to fly on out. I'm very thankful Kasie was in town when I needed to go up there. I don't know what I would of done without her!

When we were driving down the highway, we had to stop to let a moose cross. The poor girl looked so scared and didn't know where to go. Thankfully she made it back to the side of the road with the trees! It was pretty neat to see how close we were to her. Also, at one point Kasie and I needed a knife for packing totes and we both whipped ours out of our pockets... We thought that was pretty intense, hence the picture, haha! Along with real milk and fresh fruit!! There's also a picture of the Bering Sea as I was leaving Friday!

Just a few to share!

Happy Easter, everyone! ENJOY time with your families. : )

















No comments:

Post a Comment