Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Salmon, steak and sun... a good combination!

Easter dinner may have been the most successful night of cooking I've ever had. After we got back from town on Easter, Kasie and I decided that it would be nice to make a nice dinner so that we could eat with Derek and Jeff. We, as usual, went a little over board and got very excited to make steak, salmon, mashed potatoes, peas, corn and asperagus. Needless to say, we did pretty darn good. I wish that I could say that I have a picture but I forgot to take a picture of our plates so I only have two...
 
Steak - I kept these on too long and they weren't quite bloody like I was hoping for but they were still good!
 
Salmon

 
After our dinner, we decided to head out on the four wheelers because it was only 8:30 so we had at least another hour of sunlight. We went down to old village and then walked down the beach for a while - the tide was negative so the beach was huge and the sunset was amazing! I stole these pictures from Kasie - I didn't have my camera so she took these and they came out incredible. We were able to walk along the beach until about 10.
 
 
 Aren't Kasie's pictures amazing?
 
 

This week is testing week... state testing all week. And then starts my new schedule doing some new things with different kids.
 
It's crazy to think that this weekend I was scheduled to go home. Time is flying by up here!
 
Yesterday after school, Kasie, Derek, Alecia and I (and Heiden) went for a walk down to the old village and walked down the beach again. It's been so warm - close to 45 and sunny! We have to take advantage of it. Today it's sunny out there but there's a strong wind which I'm assuming is making it feel a little cooler.
 
Looking out over Goldfish Lake towards the mountains
Heiden was enjoying our walk, too : )
Love this view!
 
 
 
 
I'm thinking tomorrow I'll take another stroll down the beach if it's nice, I'm keeping my fingers crossed : )
 
  
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful Easter dinner and good friends to enjoy it with! We missed you being here for Easter.

    The pictures are beautiful! I love how Heiden always looks like he is smiling! I bet the water was cold but dogs never seem to mind.

    It's hard to believe that you would have been coming home this weekend - the time went by so quick! I guess I need to re-do my countdown...

    Hope you continue to have nice weather and I hope our weather gets warmer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say too - that time did seem to go very quickly!!!! as always - I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the beautiful pictures......just amazing!!!

    Glad you had a good Easter and as I said - it just wasn't the same at church without you - I had no one to wave too while waiting to play bells!!! HAHAHA!!!!

    Continue having a fabulous time and keep on posting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete