Sunday, April 28, 2013

I don't know how it could get bettter...

When I decided to go to the meetings to hear about this opportunity to come to Alaska or to set up an interview and then accept it when I got the call, I never imagined it would be like this. This experience has been more than I could have ever thought. It's weekends like this one with friends like I have that really make me think about it. Not only that but also the experience within this district and working in this school - I love everything about it. I can't imagine that any district I teach in will ever be the same as this one.
 
Friday evening came around and our plans of a fire on the beach after pizza night were quickly shot due to the weather - the clouds rolled in and filled the clear sky from the day and the wind picked up as well. Instead, the four of us did pizza and hung out all night - it was a nice way to end the week. : ) Plus, it was my first night in my bed room at their house... I have pictures for those of you who wanted to see it! They're pretty great to do this for me!
 
 
 
 
Kasie and I spent the majority of the day on Saturday beading glass floats while sitting on the couch in our PJs, not too bad, right? Then those clouds that had moved in the night before, made their way out and the skies were clear and bright blue! Which only means one thing up here, you've got to get out and enjoy it!
 
The tide was at a negative that evening so the four of us decided to head out and cross North River. We left around 6:30 and ended up getting back around 11 - since it stays light out until close to 11 now, you really lose track of time! It was a pretty great night with great friends. We saw quite a few whales off the shore again, another baby seal and found quite a few more glass floats and whiskey bottles. : ) 
 
 
This was a chubby little guy who was barking at us and then he'd wimper like a dog... made me so sad. Their moms drop them off on the shore at high tide and then they go out hunting for food and pick these guys back up at the next high tide. These babies could be on the shore for 12 hours waiting!
 
So many floats : )
 
They're back! And if I was listening correctly when Jeff told me, this is a female?
 
I don't know what I'm going to do without them.  
 
 
Some of these I stole from Kasie of course, because they're so good. : )
 
 
Tomorrow starts what I think may be a crazy week... graduation is this coming Friday so starting Wednesday, we will begin decorating the gym and all week will be getting ready for that. Thursday, the Kresl's come up from the Bay to visit and bring of their stuff up. (They're who we stayed with during Spring Break : ) ) and I'm sure it'll be a fun, busy week/weekend. Hard to believe it's one of the last... 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could just bring one of those baby seals home with you... we could adopt him and Gizzy could be his mother. HA HA!

    ReplyDelete