Sunday, April 21, 2013

Life is pretty great!

What I thought was going to be a snowy weekend turned into a beautiful weekend! The weather is so nice and warm. By warm, I mean in the 40's. It's funny how great it feels when it hits the 40's.... almost like summer. ; )

Saturday we shot skeet during the day out back in the tundra. It was my first time shooting skeet and it was so fun. I hit a few clay birds, too!

I took this picture so you could see how the tundra can me. It's full of holes.
 

Kasie and I went for a walk afterwards and ended up walking for two hours. I guess since she's been away for a week, we had a lot to catch up on! We walked down the beach to the point - where we find most of the beach glass - and walked back through the tundra and made our way back. We took Heiden along with us and got rained/hailed on at one point but it was a nice walk!
 
 

Last night was dinner and a movie night... chili and Aladdin. Sounds about right? Haha : )

Today was no exception with the weather. Kasie and I decided to get out and enjoy it one more time before another week started. We drove out to the beach and rode down the beach to North River. We ended up crossing it and going about 20 minutes out that way. We found a few glass floats and some glass bottles from Japan, it was a really fun ride.

I finally got some pictures of the swans! 
Saw quite a few pairs of bald eagles today!
We were driving down the beach, we came across this little guy! A baby seal... it broke my heart seeing him try to get back into the water. We were standing right next to him when he finally did get back into the water. Look at that little face. : ) 
While we were standing there with the seal, we noticed some whales off the shore! There were at least two out there!
 
I was standing on the beach next to a baby seal and watching whales out in the Bering Sea... it never fails to amaze me being here.
Right after that, we came up on this fox eating some jelly fish!
After our ride... dirty, with some sun and wind on our faces! It was a good day with a great friend, full of animals. : )
 
Recess with the preschoolers!  
 Sweetest little girl, Daisy!
Dress up!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You are seeing tons of animals! Love that baby seal! And whale watching from the shore would be so neat! Glad you're still enjoying your time there! HA HA! I love the dress-up outfits. I'll bet you guys put them on after the kids go home, don't you? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Aunt Kendall! I love getting them, I get so excited. I know for sure people are reading it when I see a comment, haha :) I am getting so lucky to see so many amazing things - all these animals! It's pretty crazy. You know me too well, I definitly do put those dress up clothes on after school ;) Love ya!

      Delete