Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm still here : )

So, I realized that I haven't posted anything on here in quite a while and that's pretty rare for me so I figured that I would let everyone know that I haven't forgotten, I've just been busy!
 
Since this past Friday, I've been in Chignik Bay visiting the Kresl's with Kasie and Derek and their friend Richard and we haven't been over to the school to use the internet too much. We've been out exploring and spending MANY hours on Just Dance - burning off the calories of all the food we've eaten. ; )
 
Chignik Bay is a village south of Port Heiden. It's a tiny one - it only has about 30 people as opposed to about 100 in Port Heiden. It's also much more condensed into one space instead of being spread out. It's at the base of the mountains, right on the Pacific ocean! It's pretty gorgeous to say the least.
 
We're supposed to fly out sometime tomorrow to head back to Port Heiden, once again, it's not a guarantee so we'll see depending on the weather. When we get home, the carnival will be going on at the school all day for the next few days. Once I get back and get settled - which may be after carnival - I'll put more pictures up here and explain more but here's a little bit while I have a few minutes.
 
This is standing on the old ferry dock, looking out into the Pacific!
I really liked this one, it's not the best quality because I had to zoom a good bit BUT there were two bald eagles sitting out on that barrel that boats dock to.
A huge frozen waterfall along the coast.
We had just touched down on the runway and this picture is facing the village - it's RIGHT at the bottom of those mountains!
The group : )
 
 
 
We saw a lot of neat things and a few animals which I'll post later... sorry this isn't very detailed but as I said, I'll take time to do my normal, in depth story post when I get home and have time!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment