Thursday, January 10, 2013

Adventures

This place is gorgeous... Yesterday a few of us went cross country skiing and needless to say, I suck. I was on the ground more than I was up! We spent about an hour up there and I got mad and took my skis off and walked a bit, haha.... Plus, I was hurting! So today, I'm very sore! But I'm very glad I can say I went now. :)

During the days we've had inservice and meetings to get ready. Those get long but lots of good information and food! And I got lucky that all of the teachers I will be working with, are here! So I've gotten to hang out with them all day and they're all awesome! I'm very excited to go!

Yesterday we ate reindeer sausage, elk sliders and salmon potatoes, all of which I loved! But any of you that know me, know I enjoy food like that. :) Then they took some of us out to this pizza bar place and we had a good time! Everyone is so great, I love it!!

Tomorrow we leave in the morning to go to Anchorage to stay in a huge house for two days to do all of our shopping. That'll be fun and exciting but also nerve racking as well. The food situation is a tricky one. That's a little stressful.

Then Sunday its off to my village! Sorry this is so short and I haven't gotten to Skype. My days are so filled while I'm here. When I'm in my village I'll have much more time!

Off to dinner with some people! Here are some pictures for you :)

The one is a picture of all the yummy food for lunch. The other is our resort from out back and then the other is me in front of the trail leading to Moose Meadow!





1 comment: