Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bering Sea


I wanted to share really quick what I just got home from doing!! After school, two of the teachers (who are now my friends) Jeff and Kasie, took me out on the four wheelers through the village and the tundra out to the Bering Sea. Man was that gorgeous... the ride was so fun, as well. We saw caribou on the way out there and then as we were walking on the shore, we found a star fish. It was alive though so Jeff threw it back in! Apparently the tide was really high at one point recently so it brought a ton of ice chunks all over the shore so we weren't able to drive down the beach but the walk was nice! Jeff's dog, Heiden, went with us as well and he was so funny. You know I love dogs, so I loved having him around. It took us a decent amount of time to get out there and then we walked the beach for awhile until it got darker out and it was time to get back in. We missed Derek (Kasie's boyfriend, another teacher) though! I'm sure this was the first of many trips!








I just ate some waffles which I made in the oven because my house doesn't have a toaster, haha. And it's time to shower and look over my schedule because tomorrow I start my busy schedule, pulling kids & helping out in particular areas. It'll be a busy day but I'm very anxious to get started. Plus, I have to read the book "The Grapes of Wrath" because one of my students is reading/writing about it so I have to know what I'm talking about.


I think after my shower I'll curl up on this comfy couch and read until bed. :) 


Oh, ps - here's my house and my "new" pick up truck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment