Saturday, January 19, 2013

First Saturday.. a rainy one

Well, I've just been on a roll with posting stuff on here so I figured, why stop now? ;)

It's my first weekend here in Port Heiden. And it is a rainy, WINDY one. It is pretty warm out there - I think about 40 degrees! The wind is insane - I've never seen/felt/heard such wind. I really think the satellite dish on the side of the house is going to rip off, along with all of the siding. It's really loud which woke me up this morning at 7:30 but it's not too big of a deal because I got to skype with Megan and Margaux, my parents & my granny and pop-pop. So being up early was worth it to talk to all of them. It also gave me some time to just curl up on the couch and watch tv, just relax! So that was nice.

Oh, last night's pizza was REALLY good! I need to learn how to do that so when I come home I can whip up some homemade pizzas! The dough was nice and thick and soft & then the sauce and all the fresh toppings was so good. It was a fun night to all hang out and watch movies! :) Next time, I will take some pictures of the pizzas to see them!

I've been cleaning a little bit this morning to prepare for my visitors. :) I had to make a quick run over to Kasie and Derek's for my food that I left there last night that I needed to make brownies and taco dip for today! Then I made my second trip to the store - I wasn't thinking when I was in there yesterday. Apparently I was too absorbed in all the good food that they have that I completely forgot about tortilla chips for the taco dip... so I headed back in. Same friendly faces!

The weather is not ideal to drive in but it's so much less stressful driving in this here, than it is at home. I guess because I'm the only one on the dirt "road" aside from a car or two here or there. Whenever anyone passes me on the "road" they all wave... so nice! I'm sure the roads will be all sorts of muddy by the time this is over!

I figured I would write a post quick to update you all while I had time. I've got to finish cleaning and make my food! Then shower and all of that good stuff. However, since the dish is losing signal left and right because of the wind, I turned off the tv & have some music playing on my iPad - country, of course - and I'm actually enjoying just sitting here listening to that (and the crazy wind!)



Guess I'll get motivated here soon... that's it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment