Thursday, January 31, 2013

Elementary for the week!

I think the last time I wrote, about the bear, I mentioned that it would be a crazy week due to only having Alecia, Jeff, Kasie & myself teaching throughout the day. So my schedule has been put on hold for these next couple days so that I can teach the elementary kids. Things have been running smoothly here and each morning I teach the 3rd graders their reading and then alternate in the same room between them and the kindergartener. I spend my mornings with them and then it's time for math with the first graders and the kindergartener who I alternate with again. Then I do get to go back in with the middle schoolers that are here (the entire group of high schoolers with the exception of 2, are away for a basketball tournament) and help them with math homework at my normal time. Then it's lunch time and after lunch it's pretty much a laid back afternoon helping the students and getting things done!

Kasie and I let our OCD get the best of us last night and we decided to do a project that was supposed to take an hour tops - well the start of a project - and it ended up taking us from after school until 7 - a quick break for dinner - and then back there til 9. The laminator was NOT our friend and it turned out to be a big ordeal that we have yet to finish. I think we're going to try to tackle that again today... we will see. :)

In between the laminating ordeal and school, we took a trip to the store because there was a load of fresh produce that came off the plane two days ago! We wanted to go take a look before it all sold out. I made a few purchases and paid my tab from the previous visit - $40 later and I got a $12 bag of grapes, $10 jar of pickles (I have been wanting them for so long that I finally broke down) and a few odds and ends. Alecia and Kasie who were both with me, said you don't even look at the price out here if it's something that you want and if it'll make you happy. And these grapes are definitly doing just that!

I'm at lunch right now so I had some time to catch up! With the bears being out and about, I'm very cautious about being outside while I'm walking to the truck, etc. so this morning instead of going out to start the truck to let it warm up and then go back inside, I started the truck and stayed in it. While I was sitting there, a truck with a huge spotlight pulled up behind me in the drive way... he'd be spotting all over the place - it was a spotlight on top of the truck that you can use a remote to move around, it seems pretty sweet! Anyways, he wanted to let me know that he was out looking for the bears because he had one try to break into his house! Needless to say, I was glad to be sitting in the truck at that moment & I'm also very grateful that Kasie lent me their bear spray to carry along with me. So now, not only do I wear my headlamp and my boots out in the mornings and evenings when I come home in the dark, we can add in there my bear spray. I'm sure I'm quite a sight to see with all that, haha :) Apparently there's two bears wondering around, a dark one and one that's a little bit lighter. I'm very happy that I got to see one and take pictures but now I'm okay with it going to hibernate!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my package from my parents comes today! The lady always tells my mom it'll be delivered Tuesday and the last one was delivered Thursday so I'm hoping that this Thursday is the lucky day as well. I'm very anxious for that :) It's like Christmas morning getting packages out here - I thought they were nice in college but this may just beat that!

Superbowl this weekend and unfortunately I have to watch the Ravens in it but I'll survive... I'll just be a 49ers fan for the day!


Well, it's almost 12:30 which means it's back to work for me... hope everyone's having a good day :)

There's all the elementary kids for you! The only little guy missing is the kindergartener. So this would be 1st grade through 3rd grade & there's no 4th graders.They make me laugh, they're all characters. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yep, just me again - creepin' on your blog : )
    I have to say:
    1. I'm SO glad you went for buying the pickles you have been debating about for like 3 weeks.
    2. TAKE THAT LAMINATOR!!
    3. It's wonderful having you here!
    4. Keep blogging often! I love it and I live it with you : )

    ReplyDelete