Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Jungle Book

Today was full of first for me! It's 6:30 and I haven't been home yet or eaten dinner so this won't be a really long post. I'll catch you all up another night this week BUT it has been an exciting evening.

First I'll back track a little bit to this morning... I drove to school on a sheet of ice - no exaggeration there at all. On top of the sheet of ice that I was driving on, there were 40-50 mph winds. So put me in a pick up truck with a light back end, and I was all over the place! Needless to say, I don't need to experience that again but somehow I think I will! All apart of the adventure!

After school Kasie and I went to get gas in the truck because it was running low. The gas station - which is actually just one little pump - is only open from 4-5 pm Monday - Friday so we had to plan that trip for right after school. Gas was $6.50 a gallon... I don't feel the need to complain about gas at home anymore!

 
After getting gas and running to the post office to get the school mail, we made our way back to school to get some work done. That lasted about 5 minutes before someone came over the radio and said there was a bear down in new hud. So Alecia, Jerik, their new baby, Kasie and I loaded in the truck and went to see the bear. It was so neat, just as seeing the caribou was. We were also able to catch the sunset out there, too! I can't belive I was so close to this thing and normally, I wouldn't have seen one but it's really warm up here today and so he must be confused what time of the year it is!
 

& this one above was my FAVORITE of the day.
 

We were able to get really close to this guy... not as close as the caribou but pretty close. Amazing!

I promise I'll update more again soon. My internet at my house hasn't been cooperating so I'm trying to use the school internet as much as I can without spending 24/7 here... although I feel like it's pretty close. :)


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! It's like everyday is a new adventure - you never know what you will see or experience! ~ <3

    ReplyDelete