Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The milk man came :)

I thought I would share the good news that my milk has arrived and I can now eat cereal with that instead of dry cereal. I can alternate between that and my waffles I make in the broiler or my bread. :)


Not only did my milk come today but it also started to snow this morning and has been going every since. It's really pretty out here when it snows! And from what I've heard, it's colder at home right now then it is out here. Today, at least. :) Once tomorrow rolls around, you never know what the weather could be!


After school I posed for a picture by one of our many mud puddles aka our "pool". While being up here, I've learned to wear my boots into school and take shoes to change into. It makes life much easier going to and from outside. I've also started to wear a head lamp going to school in the morning as well as going home if it's dark out when I get home. That, I will not post a picture of because no one needs to see that ;) But needless to say, after years of seeing my dad wear his and making fun of him - I'm sure - I can finally understand because it is the most useful thing. Hands free AND you can see!

There's the school! I know it's not the greatest picture of it (I promise I'll get good ones eventually) but it looked pretty with all of the snow coming down! I took this from Kasie, Derek & Jeff's front door to their apartments so you can see how close they are to the school. 


And this was my view on my ride home tonight. These "roads" don't get plowed up here so as much as I don't like driving in this type of thing - again, it's much less stressful up here! I'm also going to assume that this is nothing compared to what could be this time of year.

After school yesterday and today we worked out - we're really getting to be pro's at these workout DVDs, I'll tell ya. Today was yoga day and yoga is a new experience for me. I can't say I love it, however, it was a nice break from our hour long intense workout yesterday. Then after some organizing & getting things done at the school for tomorrow, it was dinner night at Kasie & Derek's with them and Jeff. Kasie made tortilla soup in the croc pot! And it was very good. I always have a good time hanging out with them! :)

Tomorrow evening there will be a basketball tournament where I'll get to meet a lot of the villagers. It's the villagers against the high school basketball team and from what I hear, things get pretty rowdy! I'll be running the student government concession stand. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the students' families and some of the other locals that will be coming out! 

Some of the boys where talking about how they went up to North River this past weekend, which I can't completely say where that is but I know it's a little ways farther than the Bering Sea. (I think?) They were up there and that's where you can find the glass floats that I've told many of you about and they told us that there were a lot and I also got to see some pictures they were able to take of a bear that was sleeping in a hole along the shore! That was really nice - something I'd be so scared to see but love it at the same time! Maybe I'll get the chance eventually, we'll see!

Well, it's already 9:40 here and for anyone that knows me, knows that it's pretty much past my bedtime. :)
Good night everyone, miss you all! 


2 comments:

  1. OOOH,very cool! You need to bring those glass balls home (if they are what I'm thinking they are). Sounds like you are getting along well and everything is going good. I'm so happy that you are on this adventure and doing so well. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Forgot to add - I want a picture of you in your headlamp!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete