Saturday, January 12, 2013

Down time

Just a little down time before dinner that I figured I would take advantage of. Even since I've posted this morning, a lot has happened. Seems like three days since I posted just this morning. We did some last minute shopping and all that type of thing and then spent the day packing. I have some pictures of that process but I'll have to wait until I'm on my computer and not my iPad, to upload them. After that we went and mailed our totes at the post office... That was an adventure. Everything went smoothly, minus a brief mishap with my paying process because my bank restricted my card, (long, annoying story) and luckily I had some cash on me. After borrowing some from a friend, I was able to pay. $141 later and my food and clothes will be on its way, soon! Thank goodness...

Then it was time to pack our freezer stuff in our suitcases and weigh those to get them under 50 lbs and that was a very strenuous process that didn't have me in the best mood. However, everyone is so helpful, like I've said before, and both Jeff and Kasie (both people from Port Heiden) let me put some of my stuff in their bags/totes. Very thankful for that.

We did have some excitement earlier when we were driving on the way back from the post office so after taking pictures with the "moose crossing" sign, we were driving down the road and saw a moose! It was so neat! I'll attach a few pictures for you :)

Leaving for dinner in 10! Tomorrow morning we're leaving for our villages so if I get lucky/ have time, I'll let you know how my village looks and maybe even post pictures, tomorrow. If not tomorrow, one day this week! After that I will have a better schedule and be able to Skype and all of that!

:)









2 comments:

  1. Holy hectic! Me preparing for school isn't as stressful as you're I guess! I was with your parents today (to drop off your 31 stuff) they told me how busy you've been so sorry for the message earlier asking to Skype. You let me know when you can... Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the bank story! If I make purchases over a certain amount of $$ and over a certain # of miles from my house, they won't let the payments go through until I speak to one of their auditors. I guess it's just to safeguard against theft. =)) - Susan

    ReplyDelete